Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 3 - Things Get Grumpy

I finally woke up without a headache. I almost felt like dancing around!

By noon, however, the headache creeped back and hovered over me like a threat. My head just felt fuzzy and full of rocks all day. My neck has been sore and that doesn't help.

Have I talked about my body, yet? Aside from the headaches? Well, it's been sore. And not that good kind of day-after-workout sore. It was I-can't-get-off-the-toilet sore. For two days my muscles were so sore after just one Perfect Posterior workout that I was walking as if I had a debilitating degenerative muscle disease. I looked and felt stupid.

Thank goodness I work at home. I convinced my 3 year old to crawl into bed with me and read for a while. Hey, it was snowing! Under the duvet was the coziest place to be!

I started off the day with the usual breakfast variant: scrambled eggs, salsa, refried beans and two slices of bacon.


For lunch I made a big salad with veggies (cucumber, broccoli, grape tomatoes, red and green pepper) plus chickpeas and a yummy yogurt based dressing. On the side there were some olives and a pickle.


Later in the afternoon, I had a snack of nuts.


I guess there wasn't enough protein in my lunch because, by the time I was preparing dinner, I was starved and cranky. So, I had another baggie of nuts. I only ate half, tho. I saved the other half for after supper.

Supper was a yummy soup. I took some frozen turkey stock, the jus of a slow-cooked pork shoulder, half of the pork shoulder shredded up, a carrot, celery, onion and a can of black-eyed peas. With a few herbs, salt and pepper this turned out to be a super delicious, super nutritious meal. Even the kids gobbled it up.


The afternoon and evening were not good in terms of my mood. I was snappy and just plain mean at points. I wasn't hungry, but I got resentful at not being able to eat what I want, when I want. It made me angry to peel oranges for the boys but not be able to eat a few slices with them. It made me grumpy not to be able to reward some hard work around the house with a handful of grapes. And I was purely nasty about not having a glass of Diet Pepsi to relax with at night.

This is my hardest problem, I think: adjusting my thinking about being entitled to eat what I want. I mean, I am an adult and if I want something, I can just go get it. My problem has been that I indulge that feeling all the time. I rarely wait for anything or restrict my desires. If I want a skein of yarn or a Snickers bar I just go get one.

Well, I just can't do that anymore. I have to wait for Magic Day. The only problem is that Saturday is not today!

No comments:

Post a Comment