Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 2 - Food

I woke up with a headache. I tried extra food, extra water and Tylenol, but nothing touched it. I had that headache when I woke up and it was still there when I went to bed.

Being in pain makes everything unappealing.

We started the day out with our usual breakfast of scrambled eggs, salsa, guacamole and black beans. I forgot to take a picture.

The nice thing is that this breakfast is great at keeping me filled up till lunch. I very rarely feel hungry before noon, now. If I do get the urge, I try to make a cup of tea or drink some cold water and wait it out.

I was really looking forward to lunch.

While I prepped my salad, I ate a can of sardines in tomato sauce. Oh gods of food, this was delicious! I love me some saucy sardines!


My main dish was a tuna veggie salad. Normally I would make this with pasta or use it as a sandwich filler, but both are verbotten, so I ate it with a fork!

One can of tuna was blended with broccoli, red and green pepper, green onion, celery, pickle, mayo and mustard powder. I only managed to get halfway through the bowl.


You can see my tea "cup" in that photo, too. I have been drinking my tea with cinnamon, like a good girl. It tastes like crap, though. I drink tea. With a little sweet in it. It can be cane sugar, or honey, I don't care. And it doesn't have to be a lot. And tho I love cinnamon flavoured teas like Chai teas, cinnamon is not an adequate substitute for me.

I'm going to have a look at Stevia and see what the profile is on that. It might be worth it for me.

I needed comfort food later in the afternoon, so I grabbed one of the pre-portioned baggies of nuts that I made up on the weekend. Raw almonds and roasted and salted cashews. It works out to about 1/3 Cup of nuts, which is a good portion, I think.


Nuts are a good snack food, if you can stick to a reasonable portion - which is why I bag them up. You know how the day after you eat nuts you see them, er, on the way out? Practically whole? Well, a recent study discovered that almost half of the nuts eaten get expelled without getting digested. That means only half of the fat and calories are sticking around. The rest gets flushed away. Check out this story for more info.

While I was getting an after school snack for my kids, I popped a couple olives into my mouth. I didn't get a picture. I was curious about whether I was getting enough fat: maybe the reason for my headache was related to not getting enough good fats into my system. The brain is made of fat, after all.

The headache didn't go away. But, boyo, those were a few tasty olives! Plus garlic cloves. Gotta have garlic stuffed olives! That's the easiest way I know, aside from a supplement, to get whole cloves eaten.

Dinner was pulled pork with a little bit of BBQ sauce. I only used 2 or 3 TBSPs and the pork was divided over four people, so I didn't worry about the carbs too much. The pork was accompanied by lentils with garlic powder, peas, brussel sprouts and broccoli.


OK, I don't mind lentils, per se. But plain lentils are just plain gross. I'm going to have to get making a few soups, because I don't think I can eat lentils or beans plain like that. It makes me gaggy.

I drank a tonne of water all day and practically floated to bed. With the headache. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment